Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I have a Reputation to uphold!

Silent here. In general, I don't like to speak about my profession to 'outsiders', but there is an expectation among others that I'd like to set straight.

I have a reputation to uphold!

Saying that may mean nothing to those around me, especially when they figure out that I have a membership in the regional guild. BUT, I DO have honor/reputation, whatever you want to call it and not just with thieves!

So long as it is in my best interest, I will NOT, repeat, will NOT steal from my friends. Of course that list is VERY small. But at this time, it does consist of a few fellows who haven't seemed to die off yet, most of them knowing me for the last 20 or so years (off and on). Unfortunately, that has led to a slight bit of uneasiness when it comes to 'shinys'. Just means I have to be a little more upfront with my dealings with them. I can live with that for now and when it doesn't suit, I'll move on to a different venture.

Until then, I'll try to keep them alive.

No comments: